Accessibility at Yarner House
We have put in place a number of specific measures to make Yarner House as accessible as possible. If you have specific needs, please do contact the team prior to your visit who will be happy to answer any queries and look to make a stay or visit as easy as possible.
Some of the team have completed Disability Awareness training from WECIL (West of England Centre for Inclusive Living) and together have many years of experience working with vulnerable adults. This helps us to ensure we are equipped and adept at responding to a range of specific needs, whether this be access, ability, disability, dietary requirements or general assistance.
Full access to the ground floor areas is possible, but there is no ground floor accommodation, with rooms accessed via a staircase (no lift available).
The following is in place to facilitate your stay or visit :
- We accept assistant dogs to Yarner and can offer water bowls and bedding if needed
- We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor, suitable for guests in a wheelchair
- We have ramps throughout the ground floor making it accessible
- Parking is made available at the rear of the house, close to the main entrance
- A ramp is available for access into the house
- For our guests with visual impairments we can produce large print menus for breakfast (available on request)
- Menus include any allergy advice
- We offer lactose free foods including milk, cheese and any other dairy free items
- Vegetarian and vegan options available (please advise us prior to arrival)
- All of our bedding is hypoallergenic
- We offer porterage of luggage to your room
- We can assist in moving furniture in rooms if they need
- Early check in or late check out can be arranged
- There is generally good 4G and mobile network coverage on site, but do ask and we can check your particular network
One of the joys of Yarner House is that we are fairly remote. But we can easily arrange a local taxi service to take guests out for dinner locally, to visit local attractions or to pick up or drop off from local public transport points.
For more information or to discuss your individual requirements, call us on 01364 661503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org